Skip to main content

Review: Guerlain Meteorites Collection

Shimmery balls of colour packed in an intricate tin box. That's what comes to my mind when I see Guerlain's Meteorites Illuminating Powder Pearls. I remember there was a period where these kept appearing on my news feed. They are so pretty and despite being totally clueless about makeup back then, I knew I should add them to my collection!
Thanks to Guerlain & Sephora SG, I got the chance to add the lovely products from Guerlain to my ever growing makeup collection! I selected 2 of Guerlain's products and one of them is the powder pearls. You can't imagine how excited I was when I saw them. These are so popular that all of the shades I wanted were out of stock. Even though I was a little hesitant about the darkest shade, I didn't want to give up on the chance of owning this so I went with 04 Dore, the darkest shade of the lot. I'm planning to use this as a blusher or shading powder, read on to find out how it fared!

Guerlain Meteorites Collection comes in these pretty peachy pink packaging and has a signature powdery floral scent. It's the kind of scent that grows on you the more you use it. The products that I will be reviewing in this post are Meteorites - Light Revealing Pearls Of Powder and Meteorites Baby Glow - Light-revealing Sheer Make-up. These two products are the best sellers on Sephora Singapore at the moment so I'm really excited to try them out!
Meteorites - Light Revealing Pearls Of Powder
04 Dore - The darkest shade available on Sephora SG. Brown-based with hints of pink and white to provide that subtle radiance to one's skin. The powder is pretty translucent and gives a subtle hint of shade or blush to the skin. This is usually used with a brush, by swirling lightly in the pot to pick up various colours. It can be slightly shimmery so I wouldn't recommend to layer on too much of this.
Here's how it look when the colours are swirled together :)

Actually, this should be applied all over the face for the glow but because of my choice of colour, it might appear dull on my skin rather than illuminate it so I only use this selectively either as a contour powder or as a blusher. I do like this to use as a contour or blush and don't mind the slight shimmer but if you are looking for a staple finishing powder for an overall glow, I would recommend 02 Clair (more shimmer) or 03 Medium (more matte).
Meteorites Baby Glow - Light-revealing Sheer Make-up
I like how this comes with a pump that makes it easier to control the amount of product to dispense and great for travel.
Available in 3 shades: Light, Medium and Golden
It was rather tough selecting the right shade. I think I'm in between light and medium but I am afraid of looking too pale so I went with Medium instead. In terms of Korean bb creams and foundation, I always go for 23 so this does seem a little darker than the usual shade I use.
The foundation is pretty lightweight and easy to spread across the skin. It does appear a little too dark on my skin but I do notice that it helps in evening out of the skin tone and covers the lighter acne scars well. The finish is natural-looking and my skin feels smoother and softer. Initially, I only wanted to use this as a base before my bb cushion but the weightless finish and how subtle it changes my skin made me think twice and I ended up wearing this on its own!

I do think that I should get another one in Light so I can blend both together to match my skin better, other than that I really love this. It's great on most days where I'm too lazy to pile on products on my face, and that is practically every single day.

No wonder these are the best sellers on Sephora, I can't wait to try out other Guerlain products in future. If you like what you see, don't wait, shop your favourite GUERLAIN products here!

thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …